Hearty Egg Muffins
• 5 eggs
• 2 tbs melted coconut oil, butter, or bacon fat
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 1/8 cup milk of choice (sub bone broth or leave out)
Add-ins (pick at least 2)
Pre-cooked (can be browned together or cooked ahead):
• 1/2 lb browned breakfast sausage
• 1-2 strips bacon
• 1/8 cup mushrooms, diced
• 1 small sweet potato, diced
• 5-6 Brussel's sprouts, shredded
• Caramelized onion
• 1/2 a zucchini, shredded (raw)
• 1/8 cup cheese, shredded
• 1 carrot, shredded
• 1/4 medium onion, diced
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/2 a bell pepper, diced
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh greens
• 1 small tomato, diced
• Jalapeño, to taste
• Dash of herbs & spices (turmeric, oregano, sage, paprika, etc.)
• Fermented Veggies
• Hot sauce or salsa
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare your pre-cooked ingredients, if needed. They can all be cooked in the same pan after browning your sausage or bacon. I also melt my added fat into the pan.
3. Combine all dry ingredients except toppings in a large mixing bowl. If adding cheese, reserve a handful.
3. Pour into reusable muffin liners placed on cookie sheet or into a greased muffin pan. Fill each muffin about 3/4 full. Sprinkle your reserved cheese on each muffin.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until set and nicely browned on top.
4. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Can be stored in the fridge for 1-2 days and reheated in the oven.
Servings: Makes roughly 2-4 servings, depending on how many add-ins you include